Friday 18 March 2011

The Stove Top Ghost

Well, It seems that quite a few people are interested in my last story, and that I'm not alone in the scary events of ghosts and Ouijia Board and such things. Let me think of another story I have..
My latest Ghostly Happening happened about a month or two ago. This one doesn't involve a Ouijia Board.
Let me set up the story for you. I live in a small studio apartment with E. We don't usually spend the days there since we can go elsewhere and just come back to sleep. Anyway, E had left for a few days to go see some friends and this was the first time I was alone in the house for more then an hour or so by myself.
     The first night, I got myself prepared for bed and decided to get to sleep early, about 9ish. Anyway, I slept. For at least a few hours. I woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and checked the time.
2:30 AM on the dot. I hate waking up at that time... Dead Hour is what they call it, between 2 and 4'oclock is about the most active time for spirit activity. 3 AM  mainly. But I wasn't thinking too much of it, to avoid looking for any strange things and scaring myself. After I used the bathroom I went back to bed and just relaxed.
     Soon it is morning. I get up and think about what I need to do for the day. I walk to the kitchen and notice the oven. We never use the oven or stove top, it's electric and always took a while to heat up. But it has little lights on it, one that turns orange when the stove is turned on and one that turns orange when the oven is in use. As I walked to the kitchen I noticed that the oven light was on. I was surprised but thought about it logically. Maybe I turned it on? No. I just woke up and I know I didn't do it. Maybe E had turned it on before they left last night? So I called them and asked. Of corse not. 
(It looks just like this one I found on google images, but with 2 lights.)

     I opened the oven and felt inside, it had to have been on for a few hours. It wasn't on last night when I got up. How is it on?? I turned it off and began the day. Took a shower, and kept hearing little noises outside that sounded like someone was in the house. But there was no one, so I ignored them. I checked the doors and windows to make sure they were locked. Nothing else seemed weird so I just thought I was being paranoid. After a bit, It had gotten really quiet so I turned on some music and did some more homework.
      I started hearing tapping on the wall in front of me. It easily could have been the neighbors. Again, I heard tapping, getting louder. I decided to face another wall and continue my homework. Just a moment later, I heard the same tapping noise on the new wall in front of me. I thought it was odd, as it got louder and louder and began thumping and then turned into a banging. I turned again, this time to face my front door. Even over my music, which was pretty loud, the banging continued on the door. I thought maybe that someone was knocking this time, but knew that wasn't the normal noise that knocking made on the door. I began to think that if I was open the door, I would let the entity inside. 
     I finished my homework and pulled out a pack of playing cards. I decided to text a friend to get my mind off of it. I text T and told them to choose Left or Right. I divided the deck evenly and waited for a reply. T text back, Left. So I began to pay war with the invisible friend. I was winning, then T began to win. I was texting T and explaining the odd events, then they stopped texting back. I guessed that they just had something more important to do at the moment. Soon I was bored and didn't know what to do. Something told me to place the cards into groups of 4 and pair them up in a weird pattern. I didn't know what I was doing, but something was telling me to do it. I did it until I had divided the deck and sorted it into perfect pairs...
    I noticed that it was creepy because I felt almost entranced. I didn't know why I was doing what I was doing. Then, I felt a tug on my hair.. I got up slowly and thought I was just imagining it. Then walked in a circle a few times and fixed my hair. Then I sat back down and played with the cards some more. I felt as though, if I stopped playing cards and dividing them, matching them into pairs, that something bad was likely to happen. Once again, I felt the same tugging on my hair in the exact same place on my head. I got scared and decided to leave the house until later. 

     Before I knew it It was almost midnight and needed to go home yet again. I went home and began texting some friends again, T and E. T had said that their phone had acted strange earlier and that even though it was fully charged, it had turned off and on and off again on its own. I remembered that when me and E first moved into the house, E's phone had been doing the same thing. I thought that was very strange too. E and I talked for a while, and they reassured me that I would be okay but if I was scared that I should go sleep at another house. I didn't want to be scared, so I sat on my bed with the light on and listened to some music. I began to smell something odd. I stood up and walked to another part of the house, it was only near the bed. I went back to the bed and the smell was gone pretty much. Then I started hearing the foot steps. I hadn't said anything to E about it, but since we had moved in I would hear foot steps in the middle of the night, particularly at 2 and 3 in the morning. I tried to stay calm. Deep breaths, it isn't anything, maybe it is the neighbors? I listened.. No sounds were coming from anywhere but right in front of the bed. I couldn't see anything.
    I was too scared to do anything, but put my shoes back on and get out of the house.

The next day, I had to go back to the house and pack my things. I had planed a week before to go see my parents. I needed to take a shower. It seemed calm and fine, so I took a nice shower and enjoyed it. It didn't seem weird, until I got out and the oven had been turned on yet again. How!?! Is it faulty? But the knobs had been twisted. And even for me, it was hard enough to twist those things on. Really, half the time I couldn't even twist them because they were almost stuck. What was even worse is that it had been raining that week, and we happened to have a leak just above the stove. The only thing we could do was to put a big plastic bowl in the middle of the stove to collect the water. I need to leave the bowl there or we will end up with a huge wet mess.
     If the stove was to be turned on with the bowl on top, it would likely start a fire. What am I supose to do? Hmm?
Anyway, I packed up and once again heard the knocking on all of the walls around me. I packed fast and ran out, locking the door behind me. E tells me that the ghosts were only trying to take care of me and keep me warm at night.

     I hadn't noticed until I returned from my parents house later that week that I do keep a pouch hanging next to my bed, and in that pouch I keep a big chunk of Quartz Stone. They say that Quartz attracts spirits and the dead. I still have it hanging there. And often times at night, I feel as though someone is standing over my bed, breathing and watching me. A tall male presence. I'm not sure if it is just me or if it may actually be a ghost, but it's up for your interpretations. As for me, I need to go back to that same house once again. I will keep my wits about me and let you all know if I sense anything strange.

What do you think? Neighbors? Faulty machine?

15 comments:

Arcita said...

entertaining story. i'm just wondering but how old are you?

skinned sheep said...

ive had my experiences with spirits as well. its really nothing to mess around with..

Justsayin' said...

That's really creepy stuff.

Lemmiwinks said...

great background on this, bro!

Electric Addict said...

what an intriguing story! had me on the edge of my chair

PenDRaGoN said...

great story, you are a wordsmith, had me on my toes the entire story.

Cree said...

sounds like a faulty machine? but i would be scared shitless, good read.

Jung said...

Great, now I can't sleep.

-inastateofblue said...

Yeah, prob gonna get me nightmares man -_- i hate this kind of stuff, but I'm so curious aha

consuela bananahammoc said...

Thanks for giving me insomnia!
Got yourself a new follower! :)

Big Unicorn said...

Awesome story.

Followed and Supported.
bigunicorn.blogspot.com

Moobeat said...

oooo. interesting

Devon Davidson said...

That's weird, I really hope that there's a reasonable explanation for this.

mamtc said...

ohh scary..U had sleepover tht nite?

Puzzlefighter said...

Compelling stuff. An sorry Im late on this comment, I had wanted to do it a few days ago but ghosts crashed my computer. Or a virus. But this is all really good stuff. Keep up this quality!